We recommend using your own navigation system or Internet route planner to work out the route. The address of our house is: Vižňov 335, postcode 549 81 in Meziměstí.
GPS coordinates of the house are 50°39’1.8″N; 16°14’16.1″E
By way of supplement for the navigation system: from central Netherlands the most obvious route is via the Dutch A1 (E30) towards Osnabrück; then head for Berlin via A30 and A2 (E30). Be careful at Bad Oeyenhausen (where the motorway passes through a built area); don’t forget the speed traps! Stay on the right road heading for Berlin! Then:
- Via the A10 heading for Dresden/Cottbus A13
- A15 towards Cottbus
- Road 18/E36 towards Wroclaw (PL).
- This becomes the A18/E36 and the A4/E40. This road from the German/Polish border is known as the “Hitler road”. A disadvantage is that a section some 70 km long (on the way there) is uneven (concrete plates). The return road has been completely renewed.
- Exit Zielenia Góra / Legnica / Jelenia Góra, Road number 3 (E65).
- Head for Jawor.
- Then Bolkow, Kamienna Góra, and then the minor roads via Krzeszów, Krzeszówek, Gorzeszów, Kochanow, Rózana, Mieroszów, Golinsk, Starostin (border CZ), and in Meziměstí turn left over the railway line, then left again towards Vižňov.
If you want to avoid the “Hitler road” referred to above, then we advise you to take the route via Dresden – Görlitz/Zgorzelec – Jelenia Góra: From the A2 at Magdenburg, take the A14/E49 towards Leipzig/Dresden, then A4/E40 towards Görlitz. Cross the border at Görlitz and turn right towards Luban/Jelenia Góra – Karpacz – Kamienna Góra. This route is circa 30 kilometre longer than the one above, but mostly comprises very good main roads.
If you have any questions about the route: feel free to contact us.
We wish you a good, safe journey!